As a CDL Scholarship recipient, you will be hired as a Logistics Specialist Trainee and participate in a 90-day training program. Within the first 30 days, you will be introduced to our industry, working alongside drivers and warehouse staff, preparing, and delivering building material to our customers. Within 60 days, you will attend our CDL Academy, with required travel, housing, and meal cost paid by SRS as part of the scholarship. Within 90 days, you will test for your Commercial Driver's License.
Upon successfully obtaining your CDL and meeting all the below qualifications, you will be promoted to Logistics Specialist, becoming a full-time Driver for SRS and receive a $1000 bonus.
We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our team members. We reward you for safety and provide continuous opportunities for your professional development. Recipients within some regions will receive additional training and opportunities to be certificated Crane and Moffett operators.
The scholarship is available to:
- Veterans of the Armed Forces
- Members currently serving in any Reserve Component of the Armed Forces
- Members currently serving in the Army or Air National Guard
- Current Military service member or Military Veteran with Honorable, Under Honorable Conditions, or General Under Honorable Discharge status.
- Have a valid Driver's License.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Able to lift weight from 80lbs to 100lbs continuously.
- Driving Record: No more than two moving violations or accidents within the last three years, no license suspensions within the last five years (for driving-related reasons).
- Driving Record: You cannot have a DUI or DWI on record in the last five years and if selected, receiving a DUI or DWI is NOT acceptable while with SRS.
- High school degree or G.E.D.
- Be reliable, safe and a team player.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship for any length of time.
- Must sign Substance Abuse and Testing Policy Applicable to CDL Drivers as Mandated by FMCSA
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Be able to pass a DOT Medical Physical
Military veterans must provide one of the following upon request:
- Copy of DD214 (Showing Honorable, Under Honorable Conditions, or General Under Honorable)
- Leave and Earning Statement (LES) (For those serving in the Reserve, Guard or still on Active Duty)
- Letter from the Veterans Administration confirming Service and Character of discharge
All CDL Scholarship recipients will be required to sign a 15-month service commitment and meet all the requirements in the commitment agreement to be eligible to receive the CDL Scholarship. Travel, housing, and meals will only be covered during the 1 to 2-week CDL Academy if travel is necessary to attend SRS's CDL Academy. $1000 bonus will be awarded once the recipient receives their Commercial Driver’s License from their local DMV.